Types of Aid
西藏快3必中公式,西藏快3必中公式计划Financial aid comes in a variety of forms which may include grants, scholarships, loans and work study.
There are a number of scholarships offered through the University of Hawai‘i–West O‘ahu. Scholarships are usually awarded on the basis of merit, academic performance, and/or financial need.?Full tuition scholarships such as the Regents or Presidential Scholarships will have their own application process, while our partial tuition scholarships can be applied for through the UH System Common Scholarship Application. Most scholarships require students to also submit a FAFSA.?
Students applying for scholarships may be required to complete a separate application. Monies received from external sources (e.g. VA, third party payments, external scholarships) must be reported to the Financial Aid Office.
You can contact the UH West O’ahu Financial Aid Office via email (email@example.com) for more information.
Find out more about the scholarships that UH West O?ahu offers.
西藏快3必中公式,西藏快3必中公式计划Grants are a form of aid that does not need to be repaid. Eligibility is determined based upon financial need. The following grant programs are offered at the University of Hawai‘i–West O‘ahu.
Federal Pell Grant
The Federal Pell Grant is awarded to?students with exceptional financial need, who are pursuing their first baccalaureate degree and have not met their Pell Lifetime Eligibility Usage (LEU). To be eligible for the federal Pell Grant, the student must be enrolled at least half-time (minimum of 6-credits). In a few cases, less than half-time enrolled recipients may qualify. The award amount is based on the student’s EFC as determined by the U.S. Department of Education and based on congressional funding.
Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
The FSEOG is awarded to ?students with exceptional financial need, who are Pell Grant eligible and are enrolled at least half-time (minimum of 6-credits). Funding is limited and award amounts for this fund will vary.
UH West O?ahu Opportunity Grant
西藏快3必中公式,西藏快3必中公式计划UH Opportunity Grants are awarded to students with financial need and are intended to protect the access of low-income students to higher education. To be eligible for this fund, the student must demonstrate financial need by completing the FAFSA, be a resident of Hawai‘i and be enrolled at least at half-time (6-credits) as a classified undergraduate student. Funding is limited and award amounts will vary.
Federal Direct Loans
Eligibility for the federal student loan program requires completion of the FAFSA. To process and disburse a loan through the University of Hawai‘i–West O‘ahu, separate loan requirements will need to be completed as instructed. The student must be enrolled with UH West O’ahu at a minimum of 6 credits to be eligible for any federal loan program.
- Please note that first time federal loan borrowers are required by the Federal Government to complete the .??These requirements ensure that you understand the responsibilities and obligations you are assuming and promise to repay your loan(s) and any accrued interest and fees to the U.S. Department of Education. It also explains the terms and conditions of your loan(s).
Direct Subsidized Loan
Direct Subsidized Loans are available to undergraduate students with financial need. UH West O’ahu determines the amount you can borrow, and the amount may not exceed your financial need. A minimum enrollment of 6-credits with the University is required to maintain eligibility for this fund.
- The U.S. Department of Education pays the interest on a Direct Subsidized Loan:
- while you’re in school at least half-time,
- for the first six months after you leave school (referred to as a?*), and
- during a period of??(a postponement of loan payments).
Direct Unsubsidized Loan
西藏快3必中公式,西藏快3必中公式计划Direct Unsubsidized Loans are available to undergraduate and graduate students; there is no requirement to demonstrate financial need.? UH West O’ahu determines the amount you can borrow based on your cost of attendance and other financial aid you receive.?A minimum enrollment of 6-credits with the University is required to maintain eligibility for this fund.
- You are responsible for paying the interest on a Direct Unsubsidized Loan during all periods.
- If you choose not to pay the interest while you are in school and during grace periods and deferment or??periods, your interest will accrue (accumulate) and be capitalized (that is, your interest will be added to the principal amount of your loan).
Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Student (PLUS) Loan
The U.S. Department of Education?is an optional federal loan program for parents of dependent students. Parent PLUS loans help pay for educational expenses up to the cost of attendance minus all other financial assistance. The?parent borrower?is responsible for repayment of this loan and interest accrues once the loan has disbursed.?Students must be enrolled at least half-time (minimum of 6 credits) at the University in order to be eligible.
- You must not have an?. A credit check will be conducted. If you have an adverse credit history, you may still be able to receive a PLUS loan if you meet additional requirements.
To apply for the parent PLUS loan, a completed parent PLUS Loan Request Form must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office. View additional information regarding the .
Private Alternative Loans
Before considering private loan options, you should apply for federal, state, and institutional financial aid, including federal student loans which have a fixed interest rate. UH West O’ahu strongly encourages all students to apply for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Private education loans are often used to close the remaining costs between educational cost and the amount of federal assistance you have received. Private lenders offer these loans; eligibility is based on your credit score. The interest rate may be variable and/or fixed. Most private loans offer deferred payments until you leave school and often have flexible repayment options. Applying for a private loan with a co-signer may help you qualify for better terms.
- Students must be enrolled at least half time in a degree-seeking program to participate in all private loan programs.
- If you are applying for a private loan for a past due balance and/or an academic year that has already ended, please contact the Financial Aid Office directly. Certain restrictions may apply.
- Be sure to understand the full impact a private loan will have on your financial aid package and your budget. UH West O’ahu will not certify a loan that exceeds your cost of attendance.
西藏快3必中公式,西藏快3必中公式计划Before accepting a loan, be sure to review all terms and conditions.
The Department of Education provides more?information on?,??and?
Federal Work Study (FWS)
西藏快3必中公式,西藏快3必中公式计划The Federal Work Study (FWS) program awards monies for part-time employment to students with financial need. Recipients of this award must be enrolled at least half-time (minimum 6-credits) and meet the satisfactory academic progress requirements for financial aid. Students are paid at least the minimum wage and receive their pay bi-monthly. The Financial Aid Office determines earnings limits (e.g. FWS award) and the student will be notified of this limit via their award offer. If interested in the Federal Work Study program, contact the Financial Aid Office. To view available FWS positions go to the .